Hello! Welcome back! It’s been a little while but I have some great DIY’s and bakes to share with you! This week, I’ll be sharing an easy strawberry ice cream that is perfect for the hot weather we’re currently having here in the UK.
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- Ice cream machine
- Blender or food processor
- A jug
- A bowl
- A tupperware box
- Cocktail stick
- 250g strawberries
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 284ml double cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 meringue nests (crushed up)
Let’s get started!
- Cut up all of your strawberries and place them in a blender/food processor with the sugar. I’m using a stick blender which came with this jug you can see in the photo. Blend the strawberries and sugar until the consistancy is smooth and thick..
2. In your jug, pour in all of the double cream and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract, then mix them together.
3. Now pour in a small amount of the strawberry purée into the cream, this will give the ice cream a subtle strawberry flavour. The rest will be used for the ripple. Chill this mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. While the ice cream mixture is chilling, crush up all of the meringues in a bowl.
5. Mix in 3/4 of the meringues into the strawberry ice cream. Now we’re ready for the ice cream machine.
6. For the next step, it’ll be best to follow the instruction on your own machine. My machine took about 40 minutes to churn the mixture.
7. Spoon all of the mixture into your tupperware box and pour some of the strawberry purée over the top.
8. Using a cocktail stick, swirl the ripple throughout the ice cream. Finish off by sprinkling the leftover meringue over the top and set in the freezer.
9. I left the ice cream in the freezer for 3 hours. Cut it into slices or scoop and serve.
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy making this ice cream and let me know how it turns out for you! If you have a go don’t forget to share your makes with us on Instagram @aboxofbuttons or on Twitter @aBoxofButtons! See you next time!