Welcome back! Want to make a sewing themed gift for a special someone but also want it to be edible? Look no further! Try our button shaped peppermint creams.
What we’ll need:
- 350g icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Green food colouring
- 150g dark chocolate
- 1 large button (to make the imprint)
Let’s get started!
- In a large bowl, separate the egg so you are just left with the white. Using a whisk, beat the egg white until it’s frothy.
2. Now, sieve in your icing sugar. I added mine a little at a time which made it a lot easier to stir!
3. When the mixture starts to come together, add a few drops of food colouring and peppermint extract, then keep stirring until it looks like a ball.
4. Line a shallow baking tray with some baking paper.
5. Pinch off small pieces of the mixture and roll into a ball.
6. Press the button facing downwards onto the centre on the ball until the shape is printed.
7. Repeat this same step for the rest of the icing mixture and then cool in the fridge for an hour.
8. Once the peppermint creams have firmed up in the fridge, melt the dark chocolate in a small bowl.
9. Dip the peppermint cream into the chocolate so that it just covers the bottom half.
10. When you have put chocolate on all of the creams, pop them back in the fridge until the chocolate is set.
Now sit back and enjoy them! Or give them as a gift in a little tin or box. I hope you enjoy making these!