Fancy making your own lip balm or making your favourite one last longer? Have a go at our quick and easy recipe.
What we’ll need:
- 1 tsp beeswax
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- A small amount of strawberry lip balm
- Empty lip balm tube
Let’s get started!
- Measure out everything into a jug ready for melting down.
2. Place a small pan of water onto the stove with a glass bowl on top. Heat the water till it’s boiling.
3. Put all of the ingredients into the glass bowl and heat til it’s all melted.
4. When everything is melted and the liquid is see through, take the bowl off of the heat.
5. Pour the liquid straight into the empty tube and if you have any leftover over, pour it into a small container.
6. Leave this to cool. It will solidify quite quickly though but give it about an hour just to make sure that it won’t snap when it’s used.
And you’re done! I’ve added a little label that wraps around the tube, just to personalise it more. These work great as a gift for a friend especially as you create your own label...
And you’re done! If you have a go don’t forget to share your makes with us on Instagram @aboxofbuttons or on Twitter @aBoxofButtons! See you next time!