Looking for a quick on the go breakfast? These yummy marmalade muffins are a great alternative if you’re in a rush!
What you’ll need:
- 100g plain flour
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 100g butter softened
- 150ml semi-skimmed milk
- 2 eggs
- 150g marmalade (with the rind)
Let’s get started!
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180°C Fan. Fill a 12 hole muffin tray with muffin cases.
2. In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients: plain flour, wholemeal flour, caster sugar and the baking powder.
3. In the microwave, gently melt down the butter and the marmalade.
4. Mix together the milk and the eggs in a separate bowl and pour in the marmalade and butter mixture.
5. Gradually add the liquid mixture into the dry and stir gently until it is all combined.
6. Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin cases.
7. To add a topping mix some oats and sugar in a bowl and then sprinkle over the top, then bake for 20-25 minutes.
8. Once the muffins are golden brown, take them out of the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.