Fancy making your own Christmas decorations this year? I loved making these ones!
What you’ll need:
- Air Drying Clay
- Cookie Cutters
- Glitter and PVA glue
Let’s get started!
- To begin with, roll out the clay onto a mat until it’s roughly the thickness of a £1 coin. How much clay you use is completely up to you and how many decorations you wish to make!
- Lay the lace over the rolled out clay and press into the surface using a rolling pin. I positioned the lace randomly as I wanted a small pattern to appear on each decoration.
- Using your cookie cutters stamp out the designs that you like and make a hole using a straw at the top of your design.
- Leave these to harden for 24 hours on a mat or cooling rack.
- Once the ornaments are set they are ready to decorate!
- For mine, I added silver paint and white glitter to the lace patterns on each one.
- Leave the paint and glue to dry for a little while.
- To hang the decorations up I used 20cm of twine and knotted the two ends of the string together.
- Now all that’s left to do is to hang them up on your tree!
You can make whatever designs you like! I went with trees, reindeers, and stars! These can also be made into a garland if you don’t feel like making tree decorations which would make a very pretty holiday decoration!