Looking for a recipe that’ll wow your guests over the Christmas period? Have a go at making this Christmas Tree Tear and Share Pastry, not only does it look good, it tastes amazing!
What you’ll need:
- 1 pack of puff pastry
- Chocolate chips
- 1 egg yolk
- Icing sugar
Let’s get started!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C.
- Unroll the puff pastry so the whole sheet is in front of you. Fold the sheet in half and cut out a large triangle with a small rectangle at the bottom. Try and use as much of the pastry as possible. The cut-offs can be used to make a star for the top of the tree or smaller twists!
- Peel the two tree shapes apart and layer a generous amount of Nutella and chocolate chips on one side.
- Cover the Nutella with the other tree shape and press down gently.
- Now it’s time to cut the branches! I cut mine so they were about an inch thick. Make sure you cut through all the layers.
- Twisting time! Take the ends of each branch and twist upwards. You should be able to see the chocolate peek through the layers. The top branches might only be able to be twisted once but as you go further down the tree, they can be twisted a couple of times.
- To make the star, you’ll need two stars cut out of pastry and sandwich them together using Nutella and chocolate chips. Then place this star at the top of your tree.
- Once you’re happy with the twists and the positioning of them, egg wash the whole pastry using the egg yolk.
- Bake in the oven for around 25-30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Once baked, leave the pastry to cool on a wire rack.
- To finish off, place the tree on a board and lightly dust with icing sugar and scatter over a few of the chocolate chips.
All that’s left now is to serve it and watch as it disappears!