Looking for a recipe that’ll wow your guests over the Christmas period? Have a go at making this Snowflake Cinnamon Pastry, not only does it look good, it tastes amazing! If you like this one, you may also like our Christmas Tree Tear and Share Pastry!
What you’ll need:
- 1 pack of puff pastry
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp demerara sugar
- 50g melted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- Icing sugar
Let’s get started!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C.
- Unroll the puff pastry so the whole sheet is in front of you and cut out 6 equal squares using all of the pastry. To make the snowflake we only need 5 squares so the 6th one can be used as a backup or to make some other shapes.
- In a bowl mix together the cinnamon and the demerara sugar.
- Using a pastry brush, smooth the butter over the squares and then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the top.
- Fold over the squares diagonally, from one corner to the other.
- Place 5 of the triangles into a pinwheel formation on a baking tray and make cuts about 1 inch apart down one side of each triangle making branch-like shapes.
- Now flip alternative branches over to the other side and twist each branch as you go. Try and keep the same pattern on each triangle and twist the branches all in the same direction as it will give you a more uniform finish! In the end, it should look something like this:
- Using the egg yolk, egg wash the whole of the pastry snowflake.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Once baked, leave the pastry to cool on a wire rack.
- To finish you can sprinkle a little more cinnamon sugar over the top and some icing sugar.
And then it’s ready! Tuck in whilst it’s still warm!
I hope you enjoy making this recipe! If you have a go don’t forget to share your makes with us on Instagram @aboxofbuttons or on Twitter @aBoxofButtons! See you next time!