Looking for a different recipe for Valentine’s Day this year? Why not have a go at making these heart-shaped vanilla and white chocolate macarons?
To make the macaron shells I followed a recipe by Tasty and added pink food colouring gel to get the soft pink colouring. When it came to piping the mixture out onto the baking trays ready for the oven, I piped them into heart shapes using a template.
You can make your own template up or you can use the Heart Template that I made. For the filling, I decided to make a ganache instead of the buttercream that was already on the recipe. So if you’re interested in also making the ganache, keeping reading below.
What you’ll need for the ganache:
- 100ml Double Cream
- 120g White Chocolate
- Sprinkles of your choice
To make the ganache:
- Break up the chocolate into small pieces in a bowl.
- Pour the cream into a small saucepan and heat on a low heat until it starts to simmer, keep stirring the whole time.
- Just before the cream starts to boil, take the pan off of the heat and pour it over the chocolate.
- Stir the chocolate and the cream together until it is combined and has thickened.
- Leave the ganache to cool and then sandwich the macaron shells together using some of the ganache. To finish dip the edge of the macarons into a plate of sprinkles and they should stick the ganache only.