These cookies are the perfect combination of soft and crisp with the added bonus of being easy and quick to make! They’re great for a little treat or a gift for Valentine’s Day!
What you’ll need:
- 120g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 110g caster sugar
- 110g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 220g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g white chocolate (a bar or chocolate chips)
- 100g pink smarties
Let’s get started!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 3 baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream together the butter, caster sugar, and the soft brown sugar in a large bowl until fully combined and smooth.
- Add in the egg and the vanilla extract and mix together. I like to crack the egg into a cup and add it in gradually, as it helps to create a smooth cookie dough.
- Add in the flour to the mixture and combine until a dough begins to form.
- Cut the white chocolate into small cubes (if you’re using chocolate chips skip this step).
- Add in half of the white chocolate and half of the smarties to the cookie dough and mix together. Then add in the remaining half and stir to evenly distribute them.
- Tear off pieces of the dough and roll them into a ball about the size of a walnut, and place them onto the baking trays. Make sure to leave space between each one as they will spread out whilst baking. I managed to fit about 8 on a tray.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes or until they start to turn golden around the edges. Once baked, leave them to cool on the baking trays before moving them to a cooling rack. I managed to get 30 cookies out of this recipe!