Fancy a slightly healthier breakfast but one that still tastes just as good? Have a go at making these quick and easy baked oat waffles.
What you’ll need:
- 40g oats
- 3-4 tablespoons of natural yoghurt (you can use any yoghurt though, even flavoured ones!)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 silicone waffle mould
- Yoghurt of your choice
- Fresh fruit
Let’s get started!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and spray a silicone waffle mould with cooking spray (I used sunflower fry light).
- In a jug mix together the egg, 3 tablespoons of yoghurt, vanilla extract and the oats.
- Pour the mixture evenly into each of the sections of the waffle mould.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for around 20-25 minutes until it has set and turned a golden brown colour on top.
- Once baked, leave to cool slightly before turning it out of the mould.
- In the meantime, cut up some fresh fruit ready to put on the top.
- Turn the baked oats out of the mould onto a plate and top with the extra yoghurt and fruit.
These baked oats are such a great way to start the day and you can pretty much add any of your favourite toppings to them!
I hope you enjoy making this recipe! If you have a go don’t forget to share your makes with us on Instagram @aboxofbuttons or on Twitter @aBoxofButtons! See you next time!