These sundried tomato and pesto pinwheels are the perfect snack for chilled summer evenings and they’re so easy to make! You can cheat like me and buy pre-made pastry or you can make your own.
What you’ll need:
- 4tsp green pesto
- Sundried tomatoes
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (I used gluten-free)
Let’s get started!
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C (or to whatever settings are required for the pastry you choose).
- Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Unroll the puff pastry, you should be left with a flat rectangle shape. The gluten free pastry I had was circular so I just trimmed the sides off to make the shape more rectangular.
- Spoon the pesto onto the pastry and spread it all over, going right to the edges.
- Cut up a handful of sundried tomatoes and scatter them over the pesto.
- Next, top both the pesto and the sundried tomatoes with grated cheese.
- Begin to roll the pastry up from one of the longest sides. Make sure to roll the pastry up quite tightly, this will stop the ingredients from leaking out too much during baking.
- Once the pastry is all rolled up, chill it in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- After chilling the pastry roll, cut off roughly 1cm swirls starting from one of the ends.
- Place the swirls onto the prepared baking trays and bake in the middle of the oven for around 12 minutes, they should come out looking golden and crispy! I used the cooking instructions on the pastry packaging as a guide.
- Once baked, leave them to cool on a cooling rack or serve straight away.
These are such a quick and easy thing to make and the bonus is that they smell so good whilst baking!
If you have a go don’t forget to share your makes with us on Instagram @aboxofbuttons or on Twitter @aBoxofButtons! See you next time!