This week I’ll be sharing with you an easy and yummy flapjack recipe! This flapjack is great for an on-the-go snack or back to school treat. The best thing about flapjack is you can add all different kinds of dried fruit, so really get creative with it!
What you’ll need:
- 300g oats
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g dark brown sugar
- 150g butter/margarine
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 150g dried fruit – I used both raisins and cherries so did half and half of each
Let’s get started!
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C.
- Prepare a 20cm x 20cm square tin with greaseproof paper and set aside.
- If you’re using cherries like me, cut them up into quarters.
- In a saucepan, melt together the butter, golden syrup and brown sugar over a medium heat.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add in your oats, stirring until fully combined.
- Now add your fruit in to the mix and stir once again until its evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared square tin and bake the flapjack in the oven for around 25-30 minutes, or until golden.
- Once the flapjack is baked, take it out of the oven. Leave the flapjack in the tin and place on a cooling rack to cool down slightly.
- Once cool, lift the flapjack out of the tin using the greaseproof paper and cut into squares or slices.